Permanent Work Visas

There are two groups of Permanent Work Visas:

  • Points Tested Work Visas:
    These are for people who are not being sponsored by an employer. If you have an occupation in demand and enough points, you can apply independently. Otherwise you might be eligible for State/Territory Sponsorship or family sponsorship.
  • Employer Sponsored Work Visas:
    If you have an Australian employer who is willing to sponsor you, you may be eligible to apply for either and Employer Nomination Scheme visa (ENS), or a Subclass 494 visa. The ENS visa can be sponsored by employers Australia wide, while the 494 visa, which has less rigorous criteria, is only available to those employed in 'regional' Australia.

Temporary Work Visas

  • Temporary Work and Activity Visas

    Someone needs to sponsor all of the temporary work visas. An employer needs to sponsor work visas; a religious organisation needs to sponsor religious workers; a promoter needs to sponsor entertainers, and an appropriate organisation needs to sponsor trainees.

    Talk to us about your temporary visa needs.

Assessing Your Eligibility

Assessing your eligibility for a Work Visa includes assessing your suitability for the occupation being sponsored as well as assessing the suitability of the sponsor and the need for the worker in that occupation. We have many years of experience in assessing the suitability of candidates and will only take cases where all participants are suitable.

We recently ran into some problems with the Immigration Department in its assessment of a client’s work experience. We successfully solved that problem and satisfied the case officer that he was working for 12 months at the appropriate skill level for the award of points.

Success Stories

Nevett Ford Lawyers
Based on 10 reviews
powered by Google
Adam Bound
Adam Bound
02:09 24 Mar 20
After going in to collect my grandmother's will, the receptionist went to ask the appropriate person to help with it and left the guys office shaken and crying. Handed a card to us and said please call as there is protocol. Continued to cry and apologize until we left. I don't know what he said to her but this is very unprofessional.
Colleen Mott
Colleen Mott
03:05 03 May 19
After purchasing a house and needing a conveyancer, I would highly recommend Casey Marin for all conveyancing needs. Not only did she make a difficult situation easy, she did all the leg work and took all the stress of me. All I had to do was sign some paperwork and move on in. 10/10
Leigh Discher
Leigh Discher
02:18 16 Apr 19
We have used Nevett Ford now on multiple occassions for both commericial and residential sales/purchases. We have nothing but praise for the way the staff and management conduct themselves. They always return calls, answer questions, management oversee complex transactions, they return emails and are fantastic to deal with. On more than one occassion due to circumstances outside of our control things were not going to plan (due to other parties involved not represented by professionals like Nevett Ford) however Nevett Ford made sure that every possible thing was done to ensure the best possible outcome and kept us up to date and informed through out the whole process. With anything we didnt understand due to legal speak etc - they explained it to us in terms we could understand as well as answered all our questions. Whilst we were talking to an interested party about how great Nevett Ford have been, I think they were kicking themsevles for using someone else as they had nothing but headaches and calls not returned etc which left them frustrated and no doubt they will be using Nevett Ford in the future. Can not rate them highly enough - 5/5 stars!
Vikki Bolton
Vikki Bolton
05:36 19 Feb 19
12 years of outstanding service always! Thank you team 🙂
Fletcher Bros Solutions
Fletcher Bros Solutions
02:30 07 Sep 18
Nevett Ford Ballarat offer exceptional service. They have vast knowledge and experience in business contracts and law. Nevett Ford firm is professional yet down to earth, I believe their firm is easily the best in Ballarat. I saw this first hand as Kent Mallinson from Nevvet Ford did all the heavy lifting for us breaking down complicated contracts and providing professional advice making it easy for us to make informed and calculated decisions. Well done to the Nevett Ford team.
Peter wise
Peter wise
01:20 30 Aug 18
We had quite a bit of work to do in setting up our financial affairs. We were very fortunate to work with Kent Mallinson who laid out our options in writing, and the pro's and cons of each one.At all times he was very proactive in making sure our interests and security were protected. Various 'what if' scenarios were considered to make sure we fully understood all outcomes in what we were doing.We are very confident in recommending this company and in particular Kent, and are confident we will have a long term relationship with themPeter and Del Wise
Next Reviews

Interested in working and living in Australia?

Registered Migration Agents MARN 0107902mia-logo